What makes for great fishing at Island Lake!
The road in is the only access by vehicle to the lake.
- We are the only outfitter on the lake. Other than canoe there is no other boat access to the lake. There are two rivers ( Marten River & Temagami) flowing into the lake and becomes the Temagami river flowing out. This makes for great fishing in the spring and fall for walleye in the evenings.
- There are 9 private cottages on the entire, 5 of them are owned by US residents that we see once a year.
- There is no winter fishing on the lake.
- We promote catch and release for all the big fish. You are allowed to keep the smaller ones for eating or taking home. But all the walleye and northern pike over a certain size are released. No exceptions.
- All the cottagers work with me on this catch and release program. This catch and release program has been in place for over 25 years.
- After your arrival at Island Lake and the guests are settled in we take you on our pontoon boat for a tour of the lake with a map of the lake. We show you all the spots that have been good fishing over the years. We go over what tackle and bait that works for the time you are here. We supply all the live bait for your stay at Island Lake.
- All our boats are equipped with 4 stroke electric start motors, fish finders, padded swivel seats, your boat is fully serviced every day.