What makes for great fishing at Island Lake!
The road in is the only access by vehicle to the lake.
- We are the only outfitter on the lake. Other than canoe there is no other boat access to the lake. There are two rivers ( Marten River & Temagami) flowing into the lake and becomes the Temagami river flowing out. This makes for great fishing in the spring and fall for walleye in the evenings.
- There are 9 private cottages on the entire, 5 of them are owned by US residents that we see once a year.
- We promote catch and release for all the big fish. You are allowed to keep the smaller ones for eating or taking home. But all the walleye and northern pike over a certain size are released. No exceptions.
- All the cottagers work with me on this catch and release program. This catch and release program has been in place for over 25 years.
- All our boats are equipped with 4 stroke electric start motors, fish finders, padded swivel seats, your boat is fully serviced every day.